Donald has been working at La Gro Geelkerken as a lawyer and receiver since 2014. He focuses on advising and litigating for banks and other financial institutions in the broad domain of financing and security interests. In this domain, he has experience in legal proceedings before various bodies. Donald stands out because of his no-nonsense approach and boldness. In his free time, he likes to engage in sporting challenges, preferably on his racing bike.
- Financing and security interests
- Bankruptcy law
- Business law
Background and other work
- 2020, Grotius Academy, Specialisation Programme in Financing and Security Interests (distinction)
- 2013, Maastricht University (Dutch Law – major in Private Law)
- Member of the Association for Young Insolvency Lawyers;
- Member of the disciplinary board of the Royal Dutch Lawn Tennis Association (KNLTB)
List of all work areas, specific examples of work done, and possibly specific examples of recent cases that the employee worked on.
- Assisting financial institutions with customer due diligence (CDD), fraud and severance cases, and litigating on these matters as necessary
- Assisting in negotiations on and drawing up security documents
- Advising and litigating on credit and other registrations by financial institutions
- Acting as receiver in bankruptcies, assisting companies in financial difficulty, advising on company relaunches/takeovers, advising and litigating on (the enforcement of) securities interests, Paulian action, and directors’ and officers’ liability.
- Advising and litigating with respect to various types of (commercial) contracts.