Gerard has been a lawyer since 1995 and partner at the La Gro Geelkerken law firm since 2004. Gerard fulfils the role of strategic sparring partner to companies and institutions in the broad field of employment law, including employee participation, and heads up La Gro Geelkerken’s employment law section. His clients describe Gerard as a quick and creative mind who focuses on legally sound and practical solutions and who makes life easier for them. Solid, low-threshold, and with a keen understanding of organisational structures and possibilities thanks to his degree in business administration.
- Employment law
- Employee participation
Background and other work
- 1992, Law, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 1993, Business Administration, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 2011, Postgraduate Grotius Programme in Employment Law
- Secretary of the Disciplinary Committee of the Royal Netherlands Football Association (KNVB);
- Secretary of the Disciplinary Committee of the Royal Netherlands Field Hockey Association (KNHB);
- Member of the Association of Employment Lawyers in the Netherlands;
- Member of the Association of Employment Lawyers in The Hague;
- Extensive experience in strategic consulting services to and conducting legal proceedings for (large) employers on all aspects of employment law, including reorganisations, individual (dismissal) cases (employees and directors), employee participation law, (harmonisation of) employment terms and conditions, transfer of a company, and workplace accidents;
- Assisting local authorities and individual civil servants in cases involving the civil service, both in an advisory role and as a litigator.
Gerard makes the fortnightly Employment Law podcast with Annemiek Varkevisser