Joost Vrancken Peeters
Joost has been working at La Gro Geelkerken since 2019. Prior to his LGGA partnership he was partner at international corporate law firms. He specialises in business law, corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions. In 2007, he launched the first Asia Desk in the Netherlands. This team’s focus was initially exclusively on inbound/outbound trade with China. In 2012, Joost expanded the focus to include Vietnam and Singapore as well. He supervised a large number of companies navigate mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and various other transactions. Aside from that, he was involved in various reorganizations, refinancing deals, and private agreements with creditors. Joost has an unrivalled entrepreneurial spirit and is creative and socially minded. While these are not normally characteristics you would expect a lawyer of his calibre to have, they are indeed the characteristics that set him apart from other lawyers. Joost prefers to spend his free time with his family. He is also a fervent mountain biker. On his bike, like in his cases, he always goes to extremes.
- Business and corporate law
- Mergers and acquisitions
Background and other work
- 2004, Financial Economics for Receivers
- 1999, Grotius Insolad Programme
- 1989, Radboud University Nijmegen, Dutch Law
- Chairman of the Dutch-Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the China network Guanxi
- Board member of Advisors Research Project Maastricht Vietnam Indonesia
- Board member of the Dirty Hill mountain bike club
- Secretary at Stichting Hartekind
List of all work areas, specific examples of work done, and possibly specific examples of recent cases that the employee worked on.
- Business and corporate law: shareholder agreement, corporate governance, directors’ and officers’ liability, partnerships, decision making and representation of legal entities
- Mergers and acquisitions: corporate takeovers, joint ventures, (management) participations, letters of intent, due diligence
- Advising Asian companies on how to do business in Europe and Dutch companies on how to do business in Asia.
- Giving seminars and lectures in Asia and the Netherlands about doing business in Europe and Asia.
- Recent cases:
- Assisting a Chinese buyer in bidding for a dairy company
- Assisting a Chinese buyer in putting in a bid for a Dutch and French company in agribusiness
- Assisting an accounting firm in a management buyout for a specific site
- Assisting private equity funds in purchasing an online shop and restructuring it
- Advising a Chinese film producer in purchasing a Dutch film distributor
- Assisting a Chinese buyer in acquiring a pharma company sold at auction
- Assisting a Chinese buyer in acquiring a pharma company
- Advising a Chinese solar panel manufacturer in acquiring a Dutch company
- Advising a listed Chinese environmental company in purchasing a Dutch soil consultancy firm
- Assisting in the division of an architectural firm in Rotterdam
- Helping a Dutch company get listed in Australia