Margriet van Asselt
Margriet has been working at La Gro Geelkerken since 2020 and has been a lawyer since 2021. She focuses mainly on insolvency law and contract law. Margriet enjoys making thorough legal analyses, so as to then be able to propose a solution that best serves her client’s interests. She has a business-minded and practical approach, is highly meticulous in how she works, and is a clear communicator. Margriet has a strong sense of justice and is socially committed. Driven by her social commitment, she worked for Human Rights Watch in Gambia and currently lends her services to the Lawyers for Lawyers Foundation. She is sporty and has a great love of salsa dancing.
- Insolvency law
- Contract law
Background and other work
- 2017, Utrecht University, Master’s degree in Private Law (major in Trade Law)
- 2014, Temple University Philadelphia, Beasley School of Law (exchange semester)
- Member of the Young Bar at the Supreme Court of the Netherlands
- Chair of the Lawyers for Lawyers Committee at the Young Bar Association at the Supreme Court of the Netherlands
- Member of the Association of Young Insolvency Lawyers
- Insolvency law: assisting companies that have ended up in financial difficulty and advising on a relaunch and/or takeover, (enforcement of) security interests, and directors’ and officers’ liability.
- Contract law: drawing up general terms and conditions, drawing up settlement agreements, advising on conformity and breach of contract.