René has been working at La Gro Geelkerken since 2015. He is regularly appointed receiver in bankruptcy cases. As a criminal defence lawyer, he represents private individuals and companies in cases relating to tax and economic offences, such as (bankruptcy) fraud, as well as in traffic-related cases. For René, the person comes first. He takes on the challenge of fully understanding his client and their problem. In a pragmatic and result-driven way, he finds a solution to legal obstacles. Besides is work in the legal profession, René is also La Gro Geelkerken’s Chief Happiness Officer. His colleagues’ well-being is just as important to him as that of his clients.
- Bankruptcy law
- Debt collection law
- Criminal law
Background and other work
- 2006, University of Amsterdam (Master’s degree in Law)
- 2016, Insolvency Law for Receivers
- Work as a receiver in bankruptcies (both private persons and companies);
- Assisting receivers in performing their work in different-size bankruptcy cases;
- Assisting private individuals and companies when they are at risk of going bankrupt or representing them in filing an appeal or an objection to a declared bankruptcy;
- Advising and litigating in claim collection cases;
- Representing private persons, companies, and public authorities in criminal cases relating to tax and economic offences, including bankruptcy fraud.