Wouter has been a lawyer at La Gro Geelkerken in Leiden since 2013. Right from the start of his career, he has been focusing on bankruptcy law. He settles bankruptcies as a receiver, assists other LGGA receivers in settling large-scale bankruptcy cases, and assists entrepreneurs who - in whichever capacity - face a (potential) bankruptcy. Wouter specifically deals with cases in the realm of the Approval of Private Agreements Act, which enables failing companies to prevent bankruptcy. Wouter is enthusiastic, accessible, and tries not to make cases any more complex than they already are. Relaxing and thinking his cases through is something that Wouter prefers to do on his racing bicycle.
- Bankruptcy law
- Business law
- Financing and security interests
Background and other work
- 2012, Erasmus University Rotterdam, major in Financial Law
- 2011, Leiden University, major in Business Law
- 2018, Grotius Academy, INSOLAD/Grotius Specialisation Programme in Insolvency Law
- Active as a volunteer at Foreholte football club
- Member of the editorial board of INS Updates Insolventierecht
- Candidate for membership of Association of Insolvency Lawyers (INSOLAD)
- Bankruptcy law: Acting as a receiver in bankruptcy cases, filing for and assisting in bankruptcy cases, potentially followed by a relaunch, advice to directors of a bankrupt company after being held liable by a receiver, and mounting a defence against a bankruptcy order.
- Business law: Establishing and recording security interests.
Claim collection using attachments and other means.