Angela Mekes has been a lawyer at La Gro Geelkerken since 2009. She helps businesses with their day-to-day issues, specifically those concerning their employees. Aside from that, Angela boasts ample experience as a receiver and is a court-appointed insolvency practitioner in medium-size company bankruptcies. Angela Mekes adds value because she puts quality first and looks beyond the boundaries of the issue at hand, while never losing sight of the fact that entrepreneurs need pragmatic solutions. Angela relishes any opportunity to get actively involved in proceedings from an early stage, so that she can anticipate her clients’ needs. When she’s not working, Angela can be found at her local gym or enjoying a nice meal at a good restaurant.
- Bankruptcy law
- Employment law
- Contract law
Background and other work
- 2009, Tilburg University (Master’s degree in Law and Management - distinction, Master’s degree in International Business Law - distinction)
- 2016, Grotius Specialisation Programme in Insolvency Law (Insolad)
- 2018, EUR/Insolad: Specialisation Programme in Financial Economics for Insolvency Lawyers
- Member of the Association of Insolvency Lawyers (Insolad);
- Member of the Women’s Network of The Hague;
- Member of Junior Chamber International, Gouda (2015-2017).
- Independent receiver in bankruptcies of enterprises of varying sizes, such as FS Trading Company B.V. (shoe store); Auto Heemskerk Roelofarendsveen B.V. (car dealership);
- Counsel in various dismissal proceedings;
- Consulting services to, primarily, construction and IT(-related) enterprises on employment law and related issues, such as a company restructuring, sick employees, employment terms and conditions, non-compete clause, and using independent contractors or temporary workers;
- Experience in a broad range of general civil law practices, assisting entrepreneurs in dealing with risks in agreements, writing general terms and conditions, and assessing (directors’ and officers’) liability.
Reorganising employment law 2: the musical chairs method